The HIV Pharmacy Association (HIVPA) was established in the UK in 1991 with the aim of promoting excellence in the pharmaceutical care of people living with HIV.
HIVPA delivers high quality education, support and networking opportunities to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, facilitating professional and personal development for the benefit of people living with HIV.
HIVPA is committed to providing a broad range of learning opportunities accessible to members and non-members in the UK, Ireland and internationally:-
- HIVPA is The Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s (RPS) recognised HIV education provider and affiliated partner, and we work closely together to promote the advanced pharmacy practice framework and the RPS Faculty.
- Opportunities for learning include: a two-day Annual Conference, 4 Study Days per year in London, Regional Study Day events and online learning modules (eHIVe)
HIVPA is the primary source of professional expertise in HIV pharmacy; working with the British HIV Association (BHIVA), the RPS, NHS and third sector organisations.
HIVPA’s involvement at a national level includes:-
- Representation on the NHS England HIV Clinical Reference Group and HIV Drugs Sub-group
- Representation on relevant British HIV Association (BHIVA) working groups, eg national treatment guidelines and national standards of care
- Member of FHIVA committee (Federation of HIV healthcare association)
- Delivering education and training to a wide range of pharmacy colleagues and other healthcare professional colleagues at other national conferences such as the Clinical Pharmacy Congress
- Peer review of patient information produced by national HIV charities
Membership is open to everyone and in particular pharmacists and pharmacy technicians working in or with an interest in HIV, infectious diseases and sexual health.